Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pepe Le Pew

What is Labor Day even a holiday for? Celebrating that fact that people work, by closing all the schools and important stores for that day? I’m sorry America, but that makes no sense.
We have been so excited to start school again but as it gets closer I just want to jump ship and keep playing. Sadly, even I have to do my time and I should be positive about it. It’s like how children should be positive about getting hepatitis shots so they don’t die, but they can always be heard screaming in pain after the doctor lies that they won’t feel the enormous needle jab into their arm and inject them with the vaccine. I’m just say’n…. Wow, I’m sarcastic today. Ha ha it’s kinda fun.
So this past week has been a bit of a blur. My friend from Washington moved into her apartment a few weeks early so Andrew and I stopped in to say hi and fix her internet connection. While we were there she was reminded that her birthday was coming up by her mother on the phone. She had completely forgotten and was the only one in her apartment. Andrew and I didn’t want her to be alone on her birthday or have to plan her own party so we told her not to make any plans and that we would take care of it. We thought tin foil dinners, marshmallows, cake, a movie would be great! Wednesday came and so did the wind. It was gale force by the time Allison came over. We thought a fire in that weather and dry fields all around us were a bad mix. I thought that it was very possible to do foil dinners in the oven. Andrew googled it and we set to work. Our dinners look like masterpieces even though they were yet to be cooked. We popped them in the in and stood around looking at each other. If we had of been outside making dinner we would be roasting marshmallows or playing with the kittens. As we were confined to indoor activities we were somewhat at a loss for something to do. I asked Allison if she would like to watch a movie or play a card game or something. She and I went through our movies and she picked a scary one. At first I was worried. I don’t do scary movies at all. But since most of my other plans had fallen through I figured I could handle it. Andrew was very perturbed. “How come SHE can get you to watch a scary movie but I can’t?! I’M you husband!” Andrew loves scary movies but hasn’t seen any since we started dating because I refused to be freaked out for the rest of the night. Half way through the beeper went off for our food. It was far from finished and we ended up having to cook everything individually. After the scary movie (which wasn’t scary at all) and dinner we went in town for the movie we had planned on from the start, Dinner for Schumcks. It was unbelievably awkward! I wanted to die the whole time! But it was really funny! It is a remake from a French movie call The Dinner Game. I had seen the French version years ago and loved it. The American version was pretty farfetched but it was still funny.
That night we lost the kittens. Every night we go and lock the kittens up so that they don’t get eaten by bigger animals. It was about midnight when we got out there and there were no kittens to be seen. We looked everywhere, calling as loud as we dare that late at night but still couldn’t find them. The next morning Andrew and I went jogging and spotted two little kittens under our neighbor’s car. I guess they were lost even though they were less than a hundred yards away from our house. Crazy cats. The next night we could only find Meekus. Andrew was showering so I set out to find Mittens myself. I’m not sure why I was walking around with a cup full of water outside …but I was. I heard a noise in the grass and saw something that looked like a big cat. If it was a tom cat it would try to kill the kittens and I instantly got protective. I started yelling at the cat and threw the entire cut of water at it. In the darkness I didn’t immediately see that cat had a single white stripe that started at its nose and went clear to its tail. As the skunk ran from the tall grass I did a superman jump backward. It ran toward the field in the back of our property and I sprinted to the house. I burst inside and started screaming for Andrew to come kill the skunk. He came out of the bathroom all fresh and clean and just looked at me like I was insane. I told him he could shower again but then he pointed out that we don’t even have a gun. I sighed and gave up. The skunk pretending to be a cat would live to see another day. We found Mittens in the morning over at the neighbors again. We think she got stuck up in their garage hunting pigeons. Crazy cat had no idea that she had almost made me a target of skunk spray. BA!
I’m in a new salon now. It is only one door over from my old place but it’s a lot bigger and more conducive to working as a stylist. The only problem was that the booth I’m at was almost completely unfurnished. It had a chair, mirror, and a shampoo sink which got me as wet as the people I was shampooing. There was no counter to put my tools or product on. Andrew and I hunted all over to find a display cabinet for my retail and a shelf for my tools and a book case to but my color, wax, and product I use and towels. We found everything at Ikea! It is going to look great once we get everything set up but buying everything about killed me. To top it off I broke into a new product line and restocked my current retail. I spent so much money that I almost had a break down. Thank goodness Andrew was there! He just kept reminding me that this was an investment and that I would make back twice as much as I spent. I know he is right but I never want to spend money again! I bet my mother would have liked to hear me say that when I use to spend her money. Dramatic moment! Then we sped back to Rexburg so that Andrew could give plasma. I couldn’t go with him cause I hadn’t eaten hardly anything all day. When I went last week I hadn’t eaten very much before hand and I almost passed out three different times and was sick for the rest of the day. Oh the joys of newly married college life. Here’s hoping we don’t die!

No comments:

Post a Comment