Sunday, May 23, 2010

Snowstorms and a Sleepover.

It seems that it has been awhile since we have posted last. My sincerest apologies to our few faithful followers. Life has been crazy (what else in new?), the last few weeks, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! We have only two weeks of school left as of last Friday; two weeks after that will venture down to the great Sunshine State! Hopefully I'll be able to turn off my "lets get things done" mode and be able to relax a little. We're pretty excited for our trip.
So since so much has happened since our last post, I wont bother trying to fill you in. Erin may, but I'm too lazy. With that announcement I will begin my recitation on this previous weekend:
Saturday begin bright and early! Erin was doing a few up-do's for a wedding and needed to be in town at 6:45am... Far too early to do anything on your wedding day, in my opinion (I slept in until about 8:30 on mine, I thought it was great). Anyways, to save on trips in and out of town, I went with her and sat in the lobby of the Hotel the Bride's family was staying and got some things done. The family offered their free breakfast to us when Erin finished, so we enjoyed some waffles and talked about how things went (great, from the sounds of it). Since we were in town already we ran some errands. Erin went tanning, and was chilled the whole time. I ran to the Checkers Auto Supply and bought a bunch of stuff for Toothless (our Black 2000 Honda Civic, named after the dragon from "How to Train your Dragon"). Thinking that was a good use of a trip in town, and being really tired from our early morning, we headed back home to take a nap. I was a little anxious to keep the day going and a little excited to try out some of the new stuff I bought. With these things running in my mind, my body much more preferred to stare wide-eyed at the closet instead of napping. So I used my ninja skills to get out of bed without waking my wife who wasn't sleeping either. I spent the next 3 hours working on Toothless. I washed him and used a clay kit to really clean him up good, in preparation to wax him up shiny. We headed back into town and Erin went with some friends to get her nails done and we picked up some other stuff we needed. We ran into Wal-Mart to get some cleaning supplies and when we came out, we were welcomed by a side-ways snow storm! Its late May, for crying out loud... We ran back out to Hibbard for a Mary Kay Party. Yes, I went to a Mary Kay Party, and for your information they do have a men's line. When we got home, we had some really good Taco Salads, made by my wonderfully excellent and skilled-chef wife. We waxed the car and ran into to town for a night of fun and games!
Even though Erin quit working at the Rex some time ago, a few of her friends still work there, and they had this brilliant idea to all sleepover at the Rex, and stay up super late watching movies and being ridiculous all night. Much to her surprise, I wasn't a large fan of waking up at 5 or 6 to pick her up, and bring home to get ready church; so she decided I could come and we would just come home when we were done. I thought this was a great idea! We showed up at the Rex around 10 and waited a while for people to clear out. Once the crowds started to dissipate we jumped in the bounce house a little bit and then went bowling. I now know why Erin always threatened to dump me, if I took her bowling. She is really, really bad at it. And her competitive nature just can't stand it. On her last throw she gracefully smacked her own leg out from under her and threw the ball high in the air into gutter of the next lane. Her large goose-egg and bruise was immediate proof of her present dilemma. Needless to say, I don't think we'll be going bowling any time soon. Once our bowling escapades were over, we made some pizza and ice cream and started up Iron Man 2.
When everything was said and done, Erin and I left at about 4:30am. With only a few hours until church and a lesson to prepare we were eager for sleep.
And if you were interested, the lesson turned out great!

2 comments:

  1. Your small. but faithful following thinks that this blog is great! : )
    I remember when I could stay up until 4:30 am and still get up for church and be happy. Then comes the nights of "having to " stay up all night and still function the next day. Not as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sooo much fun! I want to play again!

    ReplyDelete