Thursday, June 3, 2010

Puddles and Pee

Wow, it has been a while since I’ve bogged! Andrew’s Birthday went great! Not exactly how I planned but what does go how I planned anymore!?  I woke up early to make him chocolate chip waffles; sausage, eggs, biscuits, and I still had to wrap his presents. Andrew is the most difficult person that I have ever had to shop for. Good thing I’m the world’s best shopper! I managed to find the most perfect gifts. If you recall the biking adventure you will remember that his bike petals were retarded. Therefore I got him titanium alloy petals from R.E.I. While we were still dating I swiped his Jordan basketball shorts and just recently he took them back as he was going through the clean clothes. I wanted them back so it only made sense to get him new ones! Then maybe he would forget about his old ones. Next I found a pull up bar that goes in the doorway. He is always talking about lifting weights or working his arms. Since I couldn’t afford a $1000 in-home gym I figured this was the next best thing. And last, he has been very worried about our upcoming road trip to Florida because he is so pale due to the lack of sun that Idaho has. So I bought a tanning pass for him! All the activities I had planned were outdoor kind of things but it was rainy and cold all day. So we read Harry Potter (he hasn’t read the first three but he has read the others and seen all the movies, so I am trying to help him catch up) and just enjoyed each others company.  Best birthday ever? Well yes, I think so!
That weekend it was still raining. The lawn hadn’t been mowed for two weeks because of it always being wet. I talked Andrew into going to Green Canyon with me. Green Canyon is a bacteria filled urine smelling  “hot springs” that looks like an over crowed public pool.  Almost every birthday till I was nine I would drag my family to that puddle and splash around for an entire day. I remembered it as being the most fun place on earth! A little rough around the edges, but still pure fun! When Andrew and I actually found it (finding it took three turn arounds, and two phone calls) I pulled him in excitedly. As soon as we walked in the door I could feel him stop in shock.  I could tell by the look on his face that he was disappointed and or disgusted.  It really would have been fun if we had of taken more people and it had of been less crowded. As it was there was hardly an inch of water not being splashed in by a 5 year old in floaties.  The smell was worse than I remember…. Or maybe the kid beside us had just wet their swim suit… either way, we turned right back around and headed back to Rexburg.  PLAN B! Another childhood favorite of mine was the outdoor theater.  I knew that would be a hit, especially if we went “in style.” We got home and I had him deck out in a black long sleeved shirt, dark wash jeans and a black bandana. I dressed to match including the bandana. Our next step was to get the food and snacks we wanted during the movies (it was a double feature). We thought we only had a half an hour till it started and we knew we had to be there early to get a good parking spot. We were a sight to see, sprinting all over Rexburg in our bandit getup, trying desperately to cut minutes or seconds of our trips to Wal-Mart, Big 5, and Dominos. We got to the drive in just in the nick of time!  Then found out that they weren’t starting the movie for another hour…. BLA! So we sped back home and grabbed our Harry Potter book. When we returned the spot we had picked out for ourselves was taken so we parked next to the SUV beside it. A half an hour into reading I saw a puppy’s head pop up over in the other car.  I grabbed Andrew and jumped out of the car. We ran over to the other car and played with the puppy till the movie started. I WANT A DOG! Grrr. But the movie was so much fun and I crashed during the second movie. Andrew drove us home and woke me up so we could go inside. Ha we didn’t even make it to our bed, and passed out right there on the couch. It was such a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment