Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crab, Sting Rays, and Sharks! Oh my!

So Erin has been on me to blog for a few days now, but I’m on Vacation! But it’s good I guess to record it so we can share our fun adventures with all of you. I need to tell you about last Wednesday and Thursday. So much has been going on; it’s all one big scrambled mess to me. But she gave me a quick rundown to refresh me which days they were. We were beat after two long days of parks so we took Wednesday off, so to speak. We got up at our leisure and took our time in the morning. We ran down to one of the half-dozen outlet malls in town and did a little shopping. I bought some shoes. It turns out I’m like a closet shoe-freak. I know, weird, huh? So far on this trip I’ve purchased a pair of Crocs kind of boat shoes, a old school looking pair of Pumas, and some new running shoes for our new workout régime. Which Erin claims is more shoes than she has gotten, but she got 2 from Charolett Rush or whatever, some Under Armor Flip Flops, and two pair of running shoes Pumas, and Reebok. Anyways, enough about shoes… After our adventures shopping we went to Disney Quest. Think of the coolest Arcade place, give it four stories with no tokens or quarters required, and that is Disney Quest. We had a blast in there. It turns out Erin is really good at video game driving (it’s in real life you need to watch out). We spent a few hours just messing around on the bottom two floors before we took off to dinner with my folks. Joe’s Crab Shack. Its awesome. Erin hasn’t had much crab in her years, so we thought we’d fix that and get her a big bucket or two full of it. And boy was it good. The fun part about crab is the adventures you have trying to actually get some meat. They gave us cool tools to use, which I was personally unfamiliar with, but they made sense to me. Erin however was struggling until coached a little. She only got a few pieces of crab shell in her hair… Oh it was great.
It turns out one day wasn’t enough, so we spent the next lounging too! Typhoon Lagoon! I had never been and neither had Erin, so we didn’t know what to expect! But it was loads of fun! Sure they had the typical rides and wave pool. But that’s not all! There was a ride that went down and then had jets that pushed the tube back up! Super cool. The highlight of our time was most definitely the big salt water tank they have full of sharks and sting rays and fish that we swam in! Now I’ve swam with sharks before (and almost been eaten by them), but this was fun. One of the small hammer heads got pretty close to me, which was cool, but obviously there was no diving to get a closer look, heck, we couldn’t even kick with our feet, so we wouldn't freak out the sharks. Nonetheless a really fun time.
I’m not sure what tomorrow will bring but I’ll bet it is gonna be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment