Friday, July 2, 2010

*BEEP*ing Fireworks!

Andrew just ran to the store to get more Gatorade and ice. Holy cow, we go through so much of that of that stuff! I wonder how much of it I would have to drink before my pee turned Glacier Freeze blue. I think I’m getting close.  The heat is getting better; it’s only 87 with humidity making it feel 97. I’ll take that any day over the 97 that feels like 105 or the 105 degrees that feels like…death. I think I’m losing my mind. How do you know if you’ve go insane? Sitting in this tent is doing things to me. I rearranged the fireworks twice a day. It’s like stacking the blocks they gave us in kindergarten, it’s just fascinating! Add a little OCD to it and I’ve got a two hour project on my hands.  Oh! We had our first encounter with a drunken man in the tent! It made me laugh that he only had the mental capacity to use expletives to emphasize every other word that he said. He was very annoying and in-your-face type. He demanded that I give him a discount on the fireworks that he wanted. I just pointed at Andrew and said there is the manager. He marched right up to Andrew and told him to lower the price. I was so proud of Andrew, he didn’t even blink. Andrew looked down at the price tag and said “How about to $49.95?” (That was the original price.)  The man whined and complained but Andrew didn’t budge.  Ten minutes later the man bought the fireworks for $49.95.  He had gotten so close to Andrew that Andrew could smell that his breath smelled like a bar. Pretty exciting huh? Yeah, well that is the only exciting thing that happened yesterday so it might as well be big. I wasn’t feeling very good so I went to bed at 9:30. Amazingly enough I slept the entire rest of the night. We only have three more days after this! Andrew promised that we would have enough fun to make up for me dying in the double tented fireworks tent.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you named this the "adventure blog", because that's definitely true! Keep up the good work! You guys are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know that smell all too well! I've had countless drunks right in my face and that has to be the worse smell ever! Even now, just thinking about it brings back that awful, pungent smell yuck! I don't envy you at all. Anyway have a wonderful Fourth! I miss you guys:`(

    ReplyDelete