Monday, July 19, 2010

The Husband Eatting Grass Hopper!

Fireworks are over!! The last day was hectic to say the least. I always thought people would get fireworks for the 4th, not on the 4th. Obviously I was wrong. People were packing the tent the entire day, and they were almost all grumpy. The only thing we ate were cheese burgers, some fries, and a few chicken nuggets. We virtually inhaled them between customers. I’m not going to go into the amount of people who threw a fit because we wouldn’t give them something or the number of times I just wanted to scream at people and ask them how it is legal for them to be so astoundingly stupid. Let’s just say that night was the equivalent of a mass of PMSing college freshman girls zeroing in on the only ice cream store for miles; in short, angry chaos. We finally headed home around 3:30am. As we were driving home I thought that I had left my cell phone back at the tent. I had Andrew call it and I rummaged around Toothless looking for it. I heard my ring tone so I knew it was at least in the car. I gave up on finding it, comforted by the fact that I hadn’t lost it. Just then police lights started flashing behind us. I really couldn’t see how this night could get any worse. The cop had pulled us over because we had been swerving (because we were hunting for my cell phone) and wanted to make sure we weren’t drunk. We go home, showered off and crashed at 4:00 am. The next day we woke up, ate, went back to sleep for the rest of the day.
I’m not really sure what happened the first half of the week but towards the middle of it Andrew and I went on a date. We went out to eat at one of Andrew’s favorite paces, Steak n Shake. They had really good food but rationed out their water to one cup full of ice with a few dips of water in it. Dinner was so good and we had a lot of fun. Then we went to Knight and Day. We were both very exciting to see this movie, though I had been warned by my sister that it was plot less and cheesy. She had been completely right. But all the same Andrew and I had fun. The movie got out earlier than we thought it would so we went to an arcade across the street. Andrew took me to the batting cages and we had a fight with the pitching machine. It was stopped up and wouldn’t throw anymore. Finally it started working again so we could finish our set. Andrew and I have an ongoing battle with air hockey. So far I have beaten him every game…. 1/0. To even the score we decided to play again. The game was going great until the score board stopped counting my points. I scored three goals but the table had a bias toward Andrew and didn’t count them! After yelling at the table for five minutes, I lost. Andrew vs. me is now 1/1. The next night Andrew took me to the new Twilight movie, Eclipse in IMAX. It was AMAZING! You had to turn your head from side to side to see the full screen. The speakers in the theater literally shook the seats. The movie it’s self was surprisingly good. The first movie in the series was so badly made I had little hope for the others. I was happy to see that they stepped it up with this one.
The next week was the week of Disney! Sunday night we drove to Orlando to stay with Andrew’s Dad while we went to the parks. . On the way we noticed we were almost out of gas. We stopped at a station and filled up Toothless. Once we got back on the road Andrew noticed that a rather large bug had jumped in for a ride. He felt something on his foot and pulled Toothless off to the side of the road as fast as he could then he jumped out of the car. Sitting where his foot had been was the mother of all grass hoppers. Big and ugly it could have been one of the monsters of the giant bug horror films! I started…. It started back…. Then JUMPED AT ME! I started screaming, knowing my big strong husband would come to my rescue. To my surprise I wasn’t the only one screaming…. Andrew was screaming too! I knew I was doomed with no hope of rescue. I started kicking at the mammoth sized monster. Finally it gave up its desire to eat me and jumped out of the car. Once Andrew was back in the car he confessed that my scream had scared him and that is the reason he started screaming. Not because of the bug. We got there about 11:30 at night but realized as we arrived we found that we left the camera back in Ocala, an hour away. We turned the car right back around got the camera, and headed back to Orlando. Monday we hit The Magic Kingdom! It was crazy the kind of lines people were forming as soon as the park opened! Although, I was surprised at the amount of rides there were in the park. When I was little it seemed like there were so many! Somehow everything seems bigger when I was small. Andrew agreed. His theory was that with big families it was hard to do the Fast Pass line and it seemed to take forever when we were little. Then going from the highest point of boredom to the complete opposite made it seem like so much more. Andrew and I on the other hand zoomed through the lines and worked the fast passes to the limit! We had so much fun and even took on the rid that terrified me as a child. The dreaded SPLASH MOUNTAIN! I took a picture of the picture they took of us on the ride as proof.
The next day was Epcot! I loved Epcot went I went ten years ago, so I was super excited to go back. It was just as much fun as I remember. The park was really empty but all the better for us, we road almost all the rides. We even went on the Kim Possible Mission about the countries at the park. I got bored with that pretty fast so we just toured around. Our camera ran out of juice in Italy Andrew and I ran out of juice two countries after that. So we posted out our spot for the firework show. And watched the storm clouds roll in. Luckily, it didn’t rain till we were cutting through groups of slow walking people on our way to the car. We will have to go back to that park, I want more pictures and we need to see the rest of the countries. Whew! Having this much fun is exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. If you had been in Cambodia, the grasshopper (cricket) would have to fear for it's life! It would have been eaten on the spot!

    ReplyDelete