Sunday, April 18, 2010

Run away internet!

Don't worry, despite rumors you may have heard my cooking did not kill us off....at least not yet. We haven't blogged for a while because our internet disappeared! We found it again... obviously. So here we are!This week... WOW! Where to start?!
 Andrew and I wanted to go on a bike ride. His bike had been shipped from Florida so we had to put it back together. His pedals wouldn't thread right but we were in a  hurry to get out on the road. Andrew got the pedals in just enough to pedal and we were off! We went to a dirt trail out in Hibbard. The trail consists of a few jumps, and a five foot mound. I went off the jumps and took off up the mound. I thought Andrew was behind me but I looked back and saw him fly over his handle bars and do a creative roll to avoid getting smashed by his bike. I guess one of his pedals came off  and in order not to die he had to tuck and roll. I sat on my bike at the top of the hill till he got the pedal mostly back on. I came down and watched him attempt the mound again. This time  he made it up and only lost one pedal. I ran to get it but he started freaking out about ants and that there was a big ant hill where he was standing (where I had been standing moments before) He stared yelling that I had pissed them off and to move so he could come down. I was in the way  because I was being a loving wife and went to get the pedal. I would have moved if I could.... But I was laughing so hard that I could hardly stand. He ended up chucking his bike and sprinting like a mad man down the hill shaking his feet vigorously whenever they left the ground. That only made me laugh harder. He looked so silly!! The ants had climbed up his leg and it turns out that Andrew HATES ants. He hates them more than spiders. I couldn't stop laughing! We went to our neighbors and they helped us get his pedals on right. While we where there we asked about our house key. My mom had given them one when she and my dad left just in case something happened to the house. We had never gotten it thus we were locked out of our house twice in one week. They gave us the key and we promptly went out and made copies.
I went back to work last week too. It was super slow so I started to do some deep cleaning. When my boss saw what I had done he wanted the rest of the place to look that clean so the whole staff had the awful chore of deep cleaning the theater. It was super crazy and I felt bad for them. I have been working crazy hours because we only have one car now, I have to get off when Andrew can come pick me up. We live so far out in the country that we only make a few trips into town a day. So the trips are packed with things to do. I was going to ride my bike home (a 45 min bike ride) Saturday but my wonderful co-worker wouldn't hear of it. We stuffed my bike into her van and headed out to Hibbard. She dropped me off and I went around back to unlock the house with the copies we had made with the key. It didn't work. I tried everything! Sadly I was just as locked out as I had been without the copies. :( Grrr, grumble, and unhappy faces! Andrew had left for work an hour before but I had no choice. I called him. My wonderful husband was able to get off of work in Idaho Falls (30 min away) and come to unlock the house. Only after we had gotten inside I found the real house key in my work bag. BLA! All that for NOTHING!!! Good grief, I was so tired that I had completely lost my mind. Although it was wonderful because I was able to have another adventure with my perfect husband! So losing my mind wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment