Thursday, April 8, 2010

Swimming/white glove

Andrew took me swimming Tuesday. He was trying to teach me free style... I started to swim a lap about a fourth of the way Andrew started swimming. He passed me before I got close to a half of the way to the middle of the pool. He was waiting at the other end as I kept trying to move in the water. I ended up sucking in half the pool so I gave up. I just went all the way under and swam the rest of the way to Andrew. When I came up he said that what I had just done had the makings of the breast stroke. So he told me the basics and showed me the stroke. I tried it and swam a whole lap!! I SWAM!!! I looked silly, I'm sure. But the point is I can kinda swim!! We worked on this stroke the rest of the time and I want to try again soon if we have time. It didn't hurt my foot and it sure got my heart rate up! I am so excited! Andrew was really proud of me. He said I had the build to make a really good swimmer at that stroke. He wants us both to join the swim team. Ha ha! I told him I would join the swim team if he joined the cross country team with me. Or at least the track and field team. He just laughed. But we will see...
Yesterday went well.... ish... I made Andrew grits, eggs, ham, and toast. (I guess I made a bit too much cause he had to leftovers for breakfast today) Then we looked on line for an hour or so to find him a closer job. There was an opening at Wells Fargo as a part time teller in Rexburg. That would honestly be perfect. There were a few others... maids at hotels and such... the hours were from 11 pm till 7am. :( I don't like that idea but we wrote it down just in case. Please pray that this whole job hunt goes well.
My white glove was yesterday. UHG. Chris (my apartment manager) gave me the bathroom to clean. I told the girls the night before to get there stuff out and be finished using the bathroom by 12. That is when Andrew and I would be coming out to clean it. Despite my request stuff was still left in the draws and the shower. I set everything out in the hall and Andrew and I went to work with blue towels, scrapers, and a whole bunch of bleach water. We couldn't find any other cleaner and I knew bleach would kill anything that was living there. Andrew took the high stuff and I go the low stuff. On the cleaning list it said to scrub the mold off the walls. We took the window blinds down and the whole window was black. The mold was sporing! It had climbed all the way up into the fan where we couldn't reach. The same black mole was in the draws, cupboards, and toilet. No wonder everyone was getting sick this last semester! We scrubbed till paint started to come off. We couldn't open the door cause I was cleaning the draws directly behind them. The fums were awful. After two hours of this, random spots on my hand started to sting very badly. I looked closer and saw that the bleach was eating away my flesh. I asked Andrew if this was happening to his hands. It was but not as bad. He has "Man Hands," or so he says. I found some gloves and gave one to him. Another hour passed and Andrew started saying that his head hurt. We couldn't open the door yet so we just kept working. I was basically inside the cupboards and draws trying to clean them. All I could smell was bleach. Finally after four and a half hours the bathroom was finished! That darn bathroom sparkled. I had already cleaned my room so we went and got Chris. She checked us off. Andrew and I went straight to Cragos. (Thank you Amanda!) My head began to be sensitive to light as we drove away. When we got to Cragos the pasta I was eating had the after taste of bleach. My stomach was not doing well. By the time we left my head no longer felt as if it was attached to my body. Light, smells, and noises were sources of great annoyance to me. But it was such a beautiful day! I asked Andrew to drive out to the Plano bridge. The water was low and we sat on the rocks under the bridge and watched the sun set. OUCH. It was just as beautiful as it was painful. When I got home I went to lay down for a quick nap. Andrew was a sweet heart and came with me. He watched a movie while I slept. The alarm went off but there was no was I was going to be able to move. My head had just gotten worst. Andrew brought me some pills and I crashed for the rest of the night. When Andrew finally came to bed he said that my roommate Beth had been calling my phone, after no one answered she called his phone. (I don't even know how she got his number) She was mad that we had put all the stuff in the hall way. She wanted us to come back and put it away. Ha ha! That made me laugh. I had warned them. But really you would think that the spotless bathroom would make her happy. The best part was that she had already put everything away when she called. Go figure, it was all her stuff. Whatever Beth. I am so grateful that I like my roommate now.
This morning I was fine! A bit sleepy but I will live. I woke up at 6 and fixed up the left overs for Andrew and made his lunch. He worked the morning shift today. 9 till 4. I am excited to make dinner! I got this cook book with really simple, step by step instructions. It was written with "students, missionaries, and nervous cooks" in mind. The ingredients are cheap and we already have most of them. This will be a fun adventure!
I need to clean the things from my apartment up that we dumped in our living room so that we can clean out Andrew's apartment today after work. His roommates are so cool! I like them much better than I like mine. They are cleaner, nicer, and a lot less dramatic and mine! They even said that he doesn't have to worry about coming for white glove!
We obviously didn't get to swim yesterday. So hopefully get to swim tonight after we clean out his stuff from his apartment. We want to lift weights too. My foot is doing better so I have hopes of going on evening walks with Andrew soon... maybe even a few mile run... We will see.
~Erin

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys have a blog so I can follow the happenings in your life! So excited that you guys got married! Where are you living that you have access to a pool? Glad to hear that you didn't drown and that Jarvis is teaching you how to swim. Swimming is pretty much the best thing in the whole world! Your roommate sounds likea beotch.. lol. I also loves Jarvis' roommates.. okay one of them. Brice. He is pretty much the bomb.com. Ok this is a super long comment.. So I'll end it now! lol.

    ReplyDelete